Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Christmas cheer

I am such a bad blogger. I never seem to have the time to actually sit and put my thoughts into writing. I am currently on a business trip in Philly, alone in a hotel room, making myself write something.

It is a known fact that Christmas season/Dec. have always been extremely hectic for me. As a child of divorce- not only my parents, but grandparents- my brother and I had 5 celebrations to attend throughout the month. Which as a child was AWESOME for gifts, but as an adult somewhat draining. But I am not complaining too much-at least I have the family to still celebrate with. Minus one Makenzie.

I have to say this holiday season has been tough. Seeing Santa with the newborns at the Mall last week struck a nerve. Then there was the company Christmas party where one of the wives-after much to drink-began telling us "you two are gonna have another baby by next Christmas. I just know it!" Oh-If I had a $(or guarantees) for all those that have made similiar statements.
The fact is, since the day after Makenzie's birth/death day, everyone started hinting at dh and I destined to be parents. Are they prophets or just optimist??

We were told by D.Drs' (aka Duke Docs) we only had to wait 3-4 months to begin trying again, as long as the heart doc says "good to go". That would put us ttc starting Feb.-Question being- Am I ready for that anxiety and disappiontment when it doesn't happen in month 1, month 2, month 3 and so on..................

2 comments:

Rosepetal said...

Hi again.

I was also told to wait 4 months and am now in my first cycle TTC. My doctor first said 4-6 months and I asked her how much was for physical recovery and how much for mental recovery. She said 4 for physical recovery. As for the mental recovery, my personal take is that trying now or in two more months time isn't going to make much difference to the fear of not getting pregnant straight away and of the next pregnancy when you do actually get pregnant.

But other people who had to wait longer for other reaons have said that they are other have said that were glad they did. Personally I think it also depends on your age, and how optimistic you feel about getting pregnant again.

I think it is way out of order for someone to say, you know you'll have another one by next Christmas. WTF do they know? The only person that I have accepted that comment from, once in the early days, is my OB.

Take care, Rosepetal

Unknown said...

For me, one of the hardest things to deal with was the unthoughtful comments other people would make. I mean, how much grinning and bearing can you do before you snap? I know people only mean well, but more often than not, well meaning advice just plain hurts.

I hope your heart is gentle with you as you embark on the difficult journey of deciding to try again. My thoughts are with you.