Friday, April 4, 2008

Anxiety

Boy, I am really bad about posting. Has it really been that long?

We had our first rounds of weekly non-stress tests yesterday and I have to say it bared to many resemblances to before. At first they weren't seeing the spike in heart rates when the "little tummy toad" moved, but that quickly resolved. What was mostly worrisome was that the NST was showing I was having contractions. They checked my cervix and it was fine -no thinning.
The problem and anxiety for me is, I can't tell I am having these contractions (or BH), so when they tell me to monitor myself and keep time of them, I feel helpless. How can I monitor something I can't even tell is happening.

They say there is a good 98% survival at 32 weeks, but that goes with a 2% not good rate, which is worse odds than Makenzie had. Sigh....

Hang in there buddy!!

3 comments:

Ange said...

welcome back. I have been checking in hope you would make an appearance. i am sure it must be anxious to be pregnant again. I am hoping I get to find out myself. I hope you understand what that means!! perhaps sharing your worries online will help make it more tolerable. Anyway here if you need a chat. Ange

Rosepetal said...

The weeks are ticking by - I hope you and the baby are doing okay. Do update when you get a chance!

Rosepetal said...

Hi Samantha - is there any update from you? I'd love to know what is happening / happened.