Sunday, June 10, 2007

5 months and counting

Today was another day of disappointment and sadness.



I eagerly awoke this morning to make my way into the bathroom, open the cabinet, grab the wrapped EPT , tear it open and begin the monthly routine of "saturating the stick tip". I then made sure the cover was replaced properly and the stick was placed directly on a flat surface. Not to be looked at for exactly 3 minutes. At this moment the anxiety erupted from within.



I had been so sure this month we had been successful. We had tried a new approach (advise from a dear friend). This time we staggered ttc on day 12,14,16 of ovulation (oh, and day 15 also, just for the hell of it) but as I waited for the 3 mins. to pass I found myself instinctively knowing that I would not see the double lines I had hoped for. WTF.



I have decided to contact either my OB or an endocrinologist (Dr.referral) this week. I know that my thyroid was a little wacky in April so that could be a potential problem. The main thing is to be proactive and get some testing done, to rule certain things in or out. I am not the youngest chicken in the coop, so time is not on my side. Pray for us.

No comments: